These images are meant as metaphors to the dilemma of our modern existence; they search for a dialogue between attraction and repulsion, seduction and fear. We are drawn by desire – a chance at good living, yet we are consciously or unconsciously aware that the world is suffering for our success. Our dependence on nature to provide the materials for our consumption and our concern for the health of our planet sets us into an uneasy contradiction.
The captions from where the photos are from:
- Nickel Waste River. Ontario, Canada.
- Tire Mountains. Oxford, USA.
- Flattened City. Three Gorges Dam, China.
- Ship breaking Beach. Chittagong, Bangladesh.
- Oil Drum Cliff. Ontario, Canada.
- Computer Harvest. Guiyu, China.
- Concrete Forest. China.
- Uranium Waste Desert. Ontario, Canada.